Thursday, February 7, 2008

FO and WIP


I used Knitty's Three Tams pattern to make this lovely specimen. I actually used needles larger than called for, in a deliberate attempt to get a larger gauge and therefore a larger tam. I needed a hat for the winter that could accomodate my long and heavy dreadlocks, and thought that this tam would be a pretty way to do it. I used Noro Kureyon for the variegated yarn and a nice deep violet Cascade 220 for the background. The colours are slightly brighter than the photo would imply.

My current WIP is Thermal -- something few have attempted and fewer have completed. To be honest, I really enjoy knitting it. There's something so satisfying about knits at a small gauge, and the waffle knit pattern is just enough to keep things interesting. I am currently working on the second sleeve, so the end is definitely in sight. I will admit to trying the body on when I finished it, but anyone who has obsessively searched this FO out on the web (as I have) knows that it doesn't do anyone justice until it has been properly blocked. I do have a lot of hope for how it will turn out, but only time (and blocking) will tell.


btw, I must apologize for my somewhat blurry photos... I am still working on being steadier with my camera. Practice makes perfect...

No comments: