Monday, May 26, 2008

Things I Love Today

1. courtesy of WhipUp, this most adorable little frigging acorn ever! Love!

2. also by way of WhipUp... this one makes me long for a house to decorate...

3. Two great books I've recently read that have reignited my joy in the written word: Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (funny edgy British modern-day-fantasy) and The Birth House by Ami Mckay (moving heartfelt Canadian Maritime tale) which I recommend you not get through the links above, but buy locally or visit your local library.

4. A recent BBC interview with Gore Vidal, who is no longer just an astute historian and erudite political voice, but now also a hilarious and bitchy old codger. As I said to my HLM after the interview wrapped up, "Gore Vidal is what is great about people."

5. Hawaiian music. If you haven't heard Justin Young sing Kaili'ohe, you just don't know what you're missing. 'Nuf said.

6. Jaw-droppingly amazing terrariums.

7. Making links. Hee hee.

8. Having two cool things to show you pictures of tomorrow.

No comments: