Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Stretch


Well, this is it. The Mystery Shawl, after completing clue four, and just before beginning clue five: the edging lace (which is also a very very slow bind off of all 576 stitches.) I'm actually already a third of the way done the edge. It's a quick and simple lace edge, easily memorized so that I don't even need the chart. Further photos will come when the edge is finished and it's pinned out to block.

Needless to say, this race-to-the-finish with the Mystery Shawl means that I haven't yet sat down to finish piecing the quilt top. It is still sitting in strips and triangles, waiting for me to have the patience to do the last of the piecing. Unlikely I will get to it for another day or two, especially since I'm so close to finishing the lovely lacy shawl. Funny, isn't it, how more than one project nears completion at the same time...

No comments: