Sunday, February 1, 2009

Catching Up

I did manage to set aside the scarf long enough to make some progress on the sweater last night, and will likely finish it today (or tomorrow if I take my time.) But first I wanted to show off some little projects that I've made along the way but didn't show off until I could give them to the recipient.

One of my fabulous coworkers and her man are having their first baby very soon. We all got together and gifted her a bunch of handmade things and some other useful items, last night.

Firstly, a little Elizabeth Zimmermann bonnet that I made with some leftover Koigu KPPPM. It is very wee but so cute.


Then I made one of my requisite EZ Baby Surprise Jackets. This one used Socks that Rock Heavyweight in the colour Fire on the Mountain. My HLM refers to it as the technicolour dreamcoat and I can't say I disagree. I love this little jacket so much. Since my camera can't even handle the colours and pattern of this fabric at a distance, I am only giving you a close-up shot. (After all, you know what EZ's BSJ looks like, right?)



I found this little pattern for a Toadstool Baby Rattle on the Purl Bee, and once I stopped squealing, I grabbed some leftover yarn and whipped one up. Love.



Lastly, remember this little berry quilt? Well I didn't say so at the time, but that one was for her, too. I went for something with high contrast (for baby's developing eyesight) and wanted to incorporate food in the design, since daddy is a chef.

I honestly had a really hard time stopping. Once you start finding cute ideas for little baby things, it's hard to put the brakes on. Fortunately I got selfish and started making more things for myself. And on that note, it's back to the sweater...

No comments: