Sunday, March 22, 2009

Too Much Fun For My Own Good

Just in case I didn't already have enough weaving ideas, I found a website the other day that lets you design your own tartan -- you pick the colours, the order they appear in, and the thread counts, and the site shows you a picture of what your tartan would look like, when woven. I was going on about it at our pub knit night, tonight, and thought I should show it off, in case anyone else wants to play.
Of course it only offers the small selection of colours that traditional tartans use, so I will probably take the idea and go way outside the box with it. I am really stoked about making metre after metre of cloth for clothes, bags, etc. But before I start buying all those lovely wooly colours, I have some stashbusting weaving to do. And I have to psych myself up for trying something so incredibly complicated, both in warp and weft.

No comments: