Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hitting the Road

I am a homebody. We all know it. Once in a while, though, I like to take a little vacation by myself and check out somewhere new. Last year I went to Portland for a week, and really felt at home there. When it was announced ages ago that a couple of crazy yarnies were planning a Sock Summit there, I was on board right away and planned my vacation around it. So this year, I am going to spend a week in Portland with a couple of thousand of my new knitterly friends.

Long story short, I didn't get into any classes, but I figure the cash savings from that will serve me well in the Marketplace. I certainly will be going to the Luminary Panel to hear the wisdom of the masters.

I'm off to the airport in a few hours. I have packed minimal books (since I will be at Powell's, where I will stock up) and minimal knitting (since the Marketplace will provide me with much more than I need.) My suitcase is pretty empty, actually. It still remains to be seen how full it will be on the return trip...

See you next week!

No comments: