Friday, August 28, 2009

Tidelines Socks

Well, I made you wait a while to see these. I finished them before I made my Venus, but she outshone them, and I just had to blog about her before I showed off the socks. Today, however, the Tidelines can shine.


This is a very easy and pretty pattern from Anne Hanson, who makes loads of gorgeous patterns, both socks and otherwise. You should check out her shop (unless you don't want to spend any money, and then you shouldn't.) It's a totally simple six-row repeat, which makes this lovely lacy three-dimensional design. I knew it would look fantastic in the variegated purples of this Socks that Rock lightweight. Her pattern suggests STR mediumweight, for the record, but I prefer the lighter, and found that it worked perfectly.


I actually made the medium size of this sock, which is pretty unheard of, since my feet are both long and wide. Well, technically, I started and ended on the medium, but elected to make a longer heel flap (i.e. the large size) and did gusset decreases to get back to the medium size for the foot and toe. If I did it again, I would probably start on the large for the leg and then go down to the medium for the foot. The leg is snug enough that it stretches the pattern a bit more, leaving the scallops a bit flat for my liking.

To sum up: very cute, lovely lacy socks that make one more dent in my sock yarn stash.

1 comment:

Brandi Beckett said...

Hey Rhonda, looks like you've been very busy since I left. I love the venus and those awesome fuzzy socks. I have made some pretty good progress on my poncho. Love you!!!