Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not Funny, God.


Seriously. Snow. On May 29th?? I feel my patience is really being tested, here.


Thankfully I have this spectacular Matcha Green Tea Latte, made with some hot vanilla almond milk and deliciously green matcha powder. Please take note of the sweet mug, which my HLM brought home for me from his recent trip. I've got him trained, I tell ya.


Also, I have this lovely little sock to keep me happy. I've been wanting to try my hand at pattern-designing, for a while, now. Lately I've been thinking a lot about socks, about shawls. When I went to my LYS the other day, to spend some birthday gift certificates, I intended to buy some sort of lace pattern book, but instead was charmed by one on Austrian twisted stitch knitting. Of course a sock is a perfect place to showcase this type of stitching, but in a manageable amount.

Basically I just went through the book and found a few different stitch patterns that I liked, which had the same repeat length (I didn't really want to go crazy trying to keep track of what row I was on, on every given pattern, after all) and lined them up next to each other in a way I found aesthetically pleasing. The one on the far right is going to be down each side of the leg, and the marquise shape will run down the center of the leg and foot. Bear in mind that this sock has 10 stitches to the inch in stockingette. Not exactly a quick knit. But don't you love it?? I am almost to the heel flap on this one, and then I get to change things up a bit for the gusset (and thankfully start knitting some stockingette for the sole. Phew.)

No comments: