Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Back when I knit my Clapotis, I mentioned that there were ten thousand on Ravelry (and over 15,000 by now.) Well, Monkey by Cookie A is one of the patterns that is like a Clapotis for sock knitters. There are over 12,000 pairs on Ravelry, man. Somehow, although I have been knitting socks for years, I just never got around to making them, and didn't really get what the big deal was.


Yesterday I started a pair and got part way through the heel flap before I made myself go to bed. I get it. Something about the pattern is very addictive, and it is quite simple: just YOs and decreases in a very pleasing pattern. I had it memorized after the second repeat. I could make a million of these, I think.

If I wasn't hobbling back into the rat race today, I would probably finish the first and start the second. Alas, working and moving house will probably slow my knitting and blogging for the next week or so, but never fear. I shall return.

1 comment:

MOM said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!