Sunday, April 10, 2011

After the Kool Aid

After a little trip to the microwave and a lot of rinsing, my little test skeins are ready for viewing.


As I'm sure you guessed, they are dyed with (from left to right) Grape, Lime, Cherry. The original Ruby Red wool/silk is across the top, for reference.

I like the bright red of the Cherry, but I already have another shawl that colour. I also like the brownish olive green the the Lime turned into, but I do have some Walnut brown wool/silk that I've been planning to use for a breezy lace cardigan, and I don't know that I need two brown lace items, just now.

Most of all, I love the deep almost-black purple that I got with the Grape: it's just what I was hoping for. I think we have a winner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always love coming to your blog and seeing what you making xoxo Toniese