Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Socks


The final installment of my recent self striping stockingette socks binge is this pair, made from Knit Picks Chroma Fingering weight. It is a wool/nylon single, similar to the Zauberball. I didn't go through the fuss of alternating stripes on this pair, which means I got a pair of socks that is perhaps more fraternal than identical.

One of the lectures I attended at the Sock Summit was about different types of yarns, and it was mentioned that this type of yarn is not the best for socks (since wool singles don't stand up well to pressure and abrasion, which socks receive in abundance.) I had two other balls of Chroma which I was going to make into a striped pair of socks, but I decided that they might be put to better use, elsewhere. I'll show you, one of these days.

No comments: