Sunday, March 4, 2012

North Wind Hat

Before I got all excited about my rainbow scarf, I mentioned that I'd recently made a couple of new hats...


This one happened simply because I fell in love with this colourway (Sweet Georgia Yarns' Saltwater.) When I saw this glorious vibrant blue colour, I was totally enamored of it, and once I saw Felicia's North Wind Hat pattern (which only takes one skein of her Superwash Worsted weight) I was reminded of Oscar Wilde: I can resist anything except temptation.

It's quite a different yarn than the worsted weight yarns I'm used to, very dense and round, but lovely. Every stitch of this project was a labor of love, since it's so darn pretty. I am only sorry it didn't last longer. It's very comfy to wear; I think the folded-over ribbed hem is the best part. The colour does nice things with my eyes, too, which is always a bonus. Supporting another Canadian yarnista by buying yarn and patterns is the cherry on top.

No comments: