Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Working Girl

I am not a monogamous knitter.  I like to have several different projects on the go at all times, so that I have something to work on, no matter my mood.  Cables or lace for a challenge, simple little stockingette socks for more mindless moments.  Instant gratification projects like hats can begin and be finished at a moment's notice, no matter what else is in the queue.

The last thing I showed you was a cabled pullover I've been working on.  Although I am tantalizingly close to finishing it, I was still lured in by the siren song of a knitalong over at Celtic Cast On.  This particular knitalong is using a free pattern by Tanis Fiber Arts, Business Casual, which I've been coveting for a long time, and since I had a skein of Tanis' Blue Label in Pink Grapefruit just sitting around waiting to be made into something lovely, how could I resist?

Somehow my sweater (and yeah, that other sweater and some socks and... well... let's not think about all the rest, shall we?) sat bereft in its knitting bag while I was monogamous with these lovely little socks, for a whole week.  It's true: since the pattern is really mostly stockingette, these adorable little things only took a week (and a day) to finish.  Which means that, if you wanted to, there's still lots of time for you to join the knitalong and finish your own pair by the March 25th deadline.  I dare you.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

They turned out great...I've just turned the heel on the first one..I had some issues getting this sock started...